Green Spring Garden Club was organized in April, 1956 by ten women in the Williamsburg, Virginia area. These Charter Members articulated the following core objectives:
· Advancement of gardening
· Support of horticultural education
· Development of home grounds
· Encouragement of participation in community beautification
· Protection of forests, wild flowers and birds
· Study of horticulture and flower arrangement
In 1997 this organization became incorporated as Green Spring Garden Club, Inc.
These objectives continue at the heart of what Green Spring Garden Club, Inc. does today through its membership activities and programs and through its annual Christmas Homes Tour and commitment of proceeds to scholarship and community organizations.
Members meet monthly on the second Thursday of the month from September to May.
The Christmas Homes Tour is always held on the Saturday of the first weekend in December.